SUPPORTING THE LOCAL CHURCH
THROUGH A SYSTEMATIC STUDY OF GOD’S WORD
What is Bible Survey?
Bible Survey is a Bible study program where students will gain an overview of the Old Testament (39 books from Genesis to Malachi) and of the New Testament (27 books from Matthew to Revelation) with an emphasis on the central statements of each book. Students will also learn about literary form, structure, and historical and geographical backgrounds. The purpose of this course of study is to deepen the student’s understanding of the biblical texts and their relevancy to life and ministry in our time.
Students will read every book of the Bible and create a 5-7-word summary of each chapter. These chapter titles should answer the question: What was the content of this chapter?
In addition to the chapter titles, students will also write a 1,500 word (no more than 3 double spaced pages) summary of each Bible book. The book summaries should answer the question: What is the most important content of the book?
Students can also work through various practical topics in groups. We will provide homework ideas in this area as well.
Students will remember the material they have learned best through tests. We give you the opportunity to administer various examinations to enhance memory retention.
Classes Held at Beacon of Hope St. Paul
- Sign-ups begin November 18th and close December 9th (midnight).
- Total amount of students will be capped at 20 this term.
- Informational meeting will be held December 18th.
- Class sessions to be held at Beacon of Hope beginning January 2019.
- In order to cover administrative costs of the course, the cost of this class is $650.00. This may be paid according to the following two options.
- Option 1: Payment in full by the first day of class (January 11th, 2019)
- Option 2: Payment plan of 2 payments ($400.00 due January 11th, 2019; $250.00 due March 8th, 2019)
- Total term length is 10 months.
- At the end of the course, a formal ceremony will be held and you’ll be awarded a certificate of completion.
How to get started
Use the below button to fill out a form to get your name in the list. There is a limit of 20 people this term.