Bringing Gospel Light To Berlin
The newly planted Lighthouse Church in the Marzahn-Hellersdorf area of east Berlin launched in last September. The three family team is rejoicing in the unity and joy...they have experienced so far. Trusting in God's help and promises, they begin this new work in former East Berlin with the hope that it will become a lighthouse of hope to the glory of God.
Almost half of the people in the districts of Marzahn-Hellersdorf and Treptow-Kopenick have moved into Berlin. It is predicted that Berlin's population will grow 10% in the next 15 years. Berlin needs more local churches that hold fast to the truth of the gospel, practice expository preaching, and help believers to grow to maturity. The Lighthouse team writes:
“We want to reach people with the Gospel who are not being reached at this time. We want to see those with diverse backgrounds, ages, cultures, and languages worship God together in one service and in one language.”
SUPPORT LIGHTHOUSE CHURCH
Our Promise To You
LifeGate is committed to fostering strong, self-supporting churches by keeping financial support proportionate to the local economy, limiting support to a four or five-year span, and decreasing the level of support each year.
The Lighthouse Team
“After serving many years in our current church in eastern Berlin (ECG Berlin-Hellersdorf), taking part in several church planting workshops with Pastor Stephen Lonetti, and sending out a church plant three years ago to Berlin-Downtown, the Lord laid the desire on our hearts to start with the next church plant in a different area of Berlin."
Theo and Lilly Friesen
Since childhood Theo witnessed the missionary zeal of his parents in their mission work among the Russian military. He accepted Jesus Christ as Lord of his life at the age of 17 and later graduated from Word of Life and the EBTC. He has served as a pastor in the ECG Berlin-Hellersdorf. In addition, he serves as managing director of the EBTC and teaches in Berlin and the Rhineland. Theo and Lilly have four children.
Mattius & Ester Fröhlichs
Mattius grew up in a Christian home and had the privilege of hearing the Gospel at a young age. Through the work of the Holy Spirit in his heart, the initial rebellion against Christ's reign was broken and he was born again at the age of 10. After several years as an anesthesia nurse, Matthias graduated from EBTC. He served as a pastor in the ECG Berlin-Hellersdorf, teaches at the EBTC and is Dean of EBTC Berlin. Matthias & Esther have four children.
Ralph & Kirstin Knolls
Ralph grew up in Austria and has a Catholic background.
After several years working as a watchmaker, he moved to Germany where, by God’s grace, he came to a living faith in Jesus Christ. In 2013 he moved to Berlin with his family and graduated from EBTC. He serves on the leadership team of the ECG Berlin-Hellersdorf. He is currently teaching at the EBTC and is Dean of EBTC Vienna. Ralph and Kirstin have four children.
- We praise God for the unity and joy we have experienced in our church plant, and for the manifold ministry opportunities in the past and many more that are still in the future.
- We praise God for the support of brothers who went before us, encourage us, and give important advice.
- Please pray for our team: This initial phase of church planting is very challenging. Please pray that our whole team will continue to support this difficult endeavour. Pray for a sound balance of ministry, family life, and personal time with the Lord. And please pray for the salvation of our children
- Pray that our team and the church would continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ.
- Pray for love, boldness, and persistence as we strive to reach out to our community. Pray that we would always hold a godly testimony as we build relationships with unbelievers.
- Please pray that God would continue to meet our financial needs as we grow as a church. Specifically, pray that in the near future we can rent facilities for our Sunday worship services in the Berlin-Mahlsdorf area. It is ideal for community life and public transportation, but it’s really expensive. Currently we are thankful to be able to rent facilities about 10 minutes from our office. Please pray that we could soon afford to move.